logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: eAccelerator php 5.2x on Apache 2.2.2
Author
snuggles

PostPosted: Fri 28 Jul '06 3:26    Post subject: eAccelerator php 5.2x on Apache 2.2.2 Reply with quote

Hi Smile
I think this is the right place to ask this...

has anybody tried eAccelerator with Apache 2.2.2 and php5.2.x yet?
http://eaccelerator.net/wiki/Release-0.9.5-rc1
I'm still a bit fresh to dive in right away, but I'm willing to try if anyone thinks it may help Smile

the Zend thing is just way to much $$$ for a one man site, and APC botched up my dynamic pages... but I really need some optimizing here Razz

I've spent the last week and a half trying to get my server working, but it still hangs Sad

any feedback?
cheers,
snuggles
pnllan

PostPosted: Fri 28 Jul '06 4:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't tried eAccelerator lately, but Zend Optimizer is absolutely free...you just have to enter the store to pick it up - but it is FREE.

If your server is still hanging then start a new topic in Apache 2 Lounge with as many details as possible (error logs, etc...).
Steffen

PostPosted: Fri 28 Jul '06 5:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

For eAccelerator for windows keep an eye at www.sitebuddy.com/PHP/Accelerators/eAccelerator_windows_binaries_builds .
Still not a version build against php 5.2 there, better to wait till sitebuddy has a version for 5.2.

Btw. php 5.2x is also not released yet.

Steffen
snuggles

PostPosted: Fri 28 Jul '06 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed oups Embarassed
I ment php 5.1.x... sometimes my 1's and 0's have a 2 in them Razz
lol it was late and I've been working on this for well over a week now...

ok... so I'm confused... I read at the zend site that
"The Zend Optimizer is a free application that runs the files encoded by the Zend Guard, while enhancing the performance of PHP applications."
and then:
"Zend Guard Now only $799"

... did I miss something? will Zend Optimizer run without Zend Guard? Question
if so, it really sounds like the way to go.

that's the problem... as to logs, there really isn't much there... just the odd file not found (external links to pics in our forums) or perhaps I'm not looking for the right stuff...

I'll do a bit more reading, thanks for the help Smile

cheers,
snuggles
pnllan

PostPosted: Fri 28 Jul '06 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

snuggles,

It's actually bad english and/or grammar on their part. It should actually read that it will work with Zend Guard (a copyright protection encoder). You have to register so that you can log in to get in the Zend Store, but once inside you will find that they have FREE downloads.
Millennium

PostPosted: Sat 29 Jul '06 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run Apache 2.2.2 (haven't found time to update to 2.2.3) and PHP 5.1.4.
I also compiled eA 0.9.5 rc1 (in VS2005) (http://httpd.qme.nl/ea.v0.9.5.rc1.for.v5.1.4.zip) And I haven't found problems yet.
underxp

PostPosted: Thu 03 Aug '06 2:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using Apache 2.2.2 from here with eA SVN242, the unique glitch is apache shutdown crash. I downloaded the new php5apache2.dll with commented call to one function, and now apache is fine. I'll update my setup to Apache 2.2.3 + eA SVN 255 on friday....
azalin

PostPosted: Fri 29 Dec '06 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello gays i would like to ask if you know if there is a program that can reverse the eaccelerators encrypting cause someone encrypted some files in my site and i dont know how to decrypt it ...

Reply to topic   Topic: eAccelerator php 5.2x on Apache 2.2.2 View previous topic :: View next topic