logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: 2.2.4 ErrorLog Piping Broken?
Author
VoodooMill

PostPosted: Thu 11 Jan '07 19:31    Post subject: 2.2.4 ErrorLog Piping Broken? Reply with quote

Hi all,

First time here, glad to find this community. Very Happy

Has anyone experienced issues with piping ErrorLog in 2.2.4?

I've compiled version 2.2.4 with mod_ssl and mod_deflate. Compilation went fine, but when I attempt to start the Apache service it won't start.

Windows App log shows:
The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> (22)Invalid argument: Couldn't start ErrorLog process .

It is accompanied by another entry:
The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> Unable to open logs .

I've run the syntax check on my config and it comes back OK. ErrorLog works fine when logging directly to a file, but not piping. CustomLog pipes just fine.

The error comes up when piping through rotatelogs or cronolog.

I am using the same configuration files of our current production 2.2.3 server (everything hums along quite happily Smile ).

Thanks much!

=START EDIT
I also forgot to mention that when I started Apache in console everything seemed to work with the configuration I want. Only problem is I don't want to run in console. Razz
=STOP EDIT
tonyg

PostPosted: Mon 15 Jan '07 4:44    Post subject: pipe logging broke in apache 2.2.4......YEP Reply with quote

check this out.. the problem is in the log.c changes I hope they fix quickly, it is unusable right now.
http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=16393
tonyg

PostPosted: Mon 15 Jan '07 4:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, wrong link ....here is the right one

http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=23616
VoodooMill

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jan '07 2:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying tonyg and for the link. I won't be upgrading without log piping working.

Reply to topic   Topic: 2.2.4 ErrorLog Piping Broken? View previous topic :: View next topic