logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: VisualC++ runtimes for Apache 2.2.4
Author
mionica

PostPosted: Mon 22 Jan '07 2:25    Post subject: VisualC++ runtimes for Apache 2.2.4 Reply with quote

EDIT: I have found the download link in an older thread (for 2.2.4 RC). But I still don't have the slightest idea where it came from.
In case others are looking for the download link as I was, here it is: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 redistributable.

--

I have noticed that the latest English build of Apache (2.2.4-ssl) available on this site does not work with the RTM version of the VisualC++ 8.0 redistributables. All applications fail immediately, with these being logged by the SxS manager (SideBySide) to the Application event log:
Quote:
Event ID: 59
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Quote:
Event ID: 32
Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.CRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system

Quote:
Event ID: 59
Generate Activation Context failed for c:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin\httpd.exe. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

It is my assumption that the last number in the VC80RTL assembly's version messes things up (VC++2005RTM had a version of 8.0.50727.42, while the Apache SSL build has in its manifests a version requirement of 8.0.50727.762)

Microsoft currently does not provide the SP1 version of the VC++ 8.0 runtimes, so I reverted to using 2.2.3-ssl for now.

My question is: until these runtimes show up, is there any workaround for this issue? I presume that installing the full .Net 2.0 framework may do the trick, but I see no point in installing bloatware as long as there's any hope of things getting corrected.

Thanks in advance.
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 22 Jan '07 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microsoft does provide VisualC++ 8.0 redistributables for Service Pack 1 builds, like build 2.2.4 . It is available within VC2005 (not in Express) and not for public like for the older RTM version. The above link you give are the redistributables found in VC 2005 SP1 and are official from MS.

The policy we follow here at the ApacheLounge is advised by Microsoft.

Btw. Microsoft is not planning to offer SP1 redistributables on the web. I think just to prevent Express users to ditribute builded programs.

Reply to topic   Topic: VisualC++ runtimes for Apache 2.2.4 View previous topic :: View next topic