logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Some Questions
Author
fax

PostPosted: Mon 05 Feb '07 9:33    Post subject: Some Questions Reply with quote

I have a server running Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition. I installed Apache 2.2.4 with mod_ssl 2.2.4 openssl 0.9.8d php 5.2.0. It works great although the ssl function is a bit memory consuming and CPU intensive.

Now, two more problems need to be solved:

1) I need a program that has the same function as sendmail (on Linux) but runs as a Windows service and requires (almost no) configuration (just like sendmail). I didn't use any of those free mail server such as Courier Mail Server since they require some configuration and has too many unnecessary functions that will increase the complexity and cause possible security problems. I just need one that works with the mail function defined in php.ini so that any content management system designed for Linux can run on Windows with its mail function still functional. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

2) From this forum I have found out that Apachelounge is curently using Coranto as its CMS but after I Googled the web, I found out that Coranto needs perl to work? Is it correct? Is there any good CMS? I have tried Mambo, Joomla, Moodle, Web Baker, Drupal, ezPublish and many many more. None of them suited my needs. I need a CMS that supports for MS AD authentication, can send mail via Gmail smtp service (support STARTTLS enabled smtp servers), esay to use (not like Joomla, Mambo, wordpress but web Baker) and has a nice UI and got plenty of support on the web. I just can't find it... Any suggestions?
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 05 Feb '07 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a fake sendmail for windows

http://glob.com.au/sendmail/

but it requires an internals or external smtp server.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon 05 Feb '07 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use Sendmail for windows at www.indigostar.com/sendmail.htm
But that is not free.

Steffen
fax

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb '07 8:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, Steffen, what mail program are you using on your server and which Apache server are you using?
Steffen

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb '07 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using Surgemail see for a discussion www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=935 and www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=200

Reply to topic   Topic: Some Questions View previous topic :: View next topic