logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: All IP are now 0.0.0.0 in Apache 2.2.4??
Author
Mitron

PostPosted: Tue 20 Feb '07 12:52    Post subject: All IP are now 0.0.0.0 in Apache 2.2.4?? Reply with quote

Hey all,

Just upgraded to Apache 2.2.4 from the downloads section here but for some odd reason I no longer have IP numbers in my logs, no matter who visits the sites, the logs show 0.0.0.0 instead of an actual IP#.

I didn't have this problem with 2.2.3 and I just checked the httpd.conf but I don't see anything different in there vs what was in the old file.

Anyone have any ideas on this one?
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 20 Feb '07 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing you could save the httpd.conf and use the old one from 2.2.3

Did you change anything? Which OS do you use? anything in the error log or windows event log?

Please see the forum rules
http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=106
tdonovan

PostPosted: Tue 20 Feb '07 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a know bug in Apache 2.2.4 on Windows 2000.

See the previous posts Apache 2.2.3 PHP 5.2 -> Apache 2.2.4 no SSL - Wrong Date
and Apache 2.2.4 Win32 RC available (build with VC2005 SP1)

-tom-
Mitron

PostPosted: Wed 21 Feb '07 6:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that, I didn't think about posting my configuration. I am still running Windows 2000, Apache 2.2.4, PHP 5.2.0 and MySQL 5.0.27.

Thanks tdonovan, that indeed was the issue. Smile
tdonovan

PostPosted: Wed 21 Feb '07 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised that Apache 2.2.4 shipped with this as a known bug, and didn't bother to mention it in the release notes.

This problem has only been reported 3-4 times here in the Apache Lounge, and I've only seen it mentioned once in the Apache users' group since 2.2.4 shipped - so I guess there are very few Win2000/Apache users like us left.

-tom-
Mitron

PostPosted: Wed 21 Feb '07 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdonovan wrote:
I was surprised that Apache 2.2.4 shipped with this as a known bug, and didn't bother to mention it in the release notes.

This problem has only been reported 3-4 times here in the Apache Lounge, and I've only seen it mentioned once in the Apache users' group since 2.2.4 shipped - so I guess there are very few Win2000/Apache users like us left.

-tom-

Doesn't surprise me, after all it is free software. I'm just happy someone found a quick fix for it while we wait for 2.2.5. Smile

I would suspect that there are many more of us out there, maybe they just haven't upgraded to 2.2.4 yet. Shoot there are tons out there still running the 2.0.x releases.

Appreciate the quick response, this site rocks! Smile

Reply to topic   Topic: All IP are now 0.0.0.0 in Apache 2.2.4?? View previous topic :: View next topic