logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Problem
Author
fax

PostPosted: Wed 07 Feb '07 7:56    Post subject: Apache Problem Reply with quote

Today I configured my Apache 2.2.4 server to use fastcgi for php function. I am very happy about the performance so far, but I have also encountered two problems.

My apache server is on C:\Apache and php folder in C:\php

However, the default php.ini location has somewhat changed from C:\WINDOWS to C:\php after I changed apache from loading php moledule to fastcgi. (know from phpinfo command).

I tried to add PHPIniDir "C:\Apache\" and moved php.ini to C:\Apache, however Apache now won't start, just crashed. It is fine for me to leave php.ini in C:\php, but I just want to know have any of you guys encountered the same problem before?

Second problem, all php application complaints cannot connect to Mysql server. I checked (from phpinfo) that two Mysql and mysqli extension are loaded and there are no errors in apache's error log. I have also downloaded the mysql test script from this site, and still connect.

Now how can I connect to Mysql?
fax

PostPosted: Wed 07 Feb '07 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

just found out that i got same problem as describled in http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=906&view=previous

however, i cannot find any solution

please help Shocked
VoodooMill

PostPosted: Sat 24 Feb '07 2:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a PHP user, but I see something glaring about the php.ini file configuration options that could cause an issue if it were moved outside of the PHP folder.

Relative paths being used rather than absolute paths. Using relative paths causes items to be looked for in relation to the current location of php.ini. Extensions is a good example.

So if you're doing:
extension_dir = "\ext\"

Try:
extension_dir = "c:\php\ext\"

I don't know this to be the problem, but offer it as a possibility.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Problem View previous topic :: View next topic