logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: newbie strange problem at least to me
Author
bbxrider

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar '07 9:33    Post subject: newbie strange problem at least to me Reply with quote

this may a mambo problem, but i've posted there with no reply, so if it is mambo, sorry to bother this forum but i'm a desperate newbie, so here goes
i'm newly running mambo 4[1]l.5.5, and php5.2.1, and mysql5.0.18 , and apache 2.2.4 on winxp, all new to me
when i get the mambo install default home page via localhost, or local url across my lan (eg 192.168... etc), or using my domain name url but on the apache machine, the page renders ok but when i get it across the net, please try it, http://job1data.com/mambo/index.php it does not render correctly. i have roughly scanned the page source code and it looks the same for both good and incorrect.
could this be something that involves my apache setup? and how it is sending across the net? there are other mambo pages that render ok, ie, the site administration application.
thanks
bbxrider
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar '07 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see if the answer in http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=1425 helps you.
bbxrider

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar '07 17:27    Post subject: thats a different problem Reply with quote

t hanks for the reply, but that solves a different problem where any and all response from apache across the internet is blocked, i get at least one page rendered completely ok and another rendered incorrectly across the internet. it doesn't seem to be a delivery issue but somehow the content of what is delivered. all rendering on the local machine is ok. i would think rendering issues would normally be the application that generated the page source code not the web page server, apache in this case. but when 'local' rendering is ok and problem only occurs when delivered across the internet, is why i am wondering if apache 'packages' the page somehow differently when going across the internet as opposed to local delivery. and then the different packaging causes the browser to render incorrectly

Reply to topic   Topic: newbie strange problem at least to me View previous topic :: View next topic