logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: File download from server
Author
jayakandanv

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar '07 0:06    Post subject: File download from server Reply with quote

Hello experts,

I am new to apache and web. I have installed and configured Apache to browse files from directory.

When I open the browser and visit http://localhost/ as per my settings in the config file, I am able to browse the files in the directory and even I am able to navigate tosbdirectories.

The problem is if I download any file from the browser and open the file, it does not open and say the file has might have been corrupeted.

I have tired downloading many types of files like , JPEG, BMP, MP#, XLS etc.,

My mainpurpose of running apache is to access my important files in my PC from anywhere.

I also tried configuring IIS on my Windows XP, the same problem exists in ISS aswell.

Can any one help me where is the problem, or do I have to do some specal settings?

Regards,

Jayakandan
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar '07 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Apache you can try
Code:

EnableSendfile Off
EnableMMAP Off

not sure if that works, cause IIS also fails!
jayakandanv

PostPosted: Tue 06 Mar '07 8:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I tried the same. But still the same problem is there.

All the files which I download, is getting corrupted and I am unable to open.

Request someone to help me in this regard

Regards,

Jayakandan

Reply to topic   Topic: File download from server View previous topic :: View next topic