logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: ridiculously slow localhost with vista
Author
ms1990kl

PostPosted: Fri 09 Mar '07 16:22    Post subject: ridiculously slow localhost with vista Reply with quote

I have been using Apache on my PC for awhile, and have had no problems until I bought a new computer preloaded with Vista. Among the many other problems I have had with this awful operating system, the weirdest one is with Apache.
If I simply type http://locahost/ in Firefox, it sometimes takes over a minute to load, and if I actually type in my own webpage to work, it has taken as long as 5 minutes to load. When I was using XP, the page would snap into view as soon as I hit the enter button.
The problem is worse when there is no wireless network around. If the computer has hooked up with a network, it seems to work better.
Any suggestions?
This makes working on my website almost impossible.

Thanks in advance,
Michael Smith
bmelendy

PostPosted: Sun 15 Apr '07 16:04    Post subject: Apache Slow on Vista Reply with quote

I've got the same problem. Not sure what to try. Everything was great under Xp, but on Vista, pags served up from localhost are SSSLLLLOOOWWWW. Sad I've got Apache 2.4 with PHP 5 and even serving up a basic html page it painfully slow. Everything works, but it is just so slow. Sad
bmelendy

PostPosted: Mon 16 Apr '07 6:14    Post subject: My Solution to Slow Apache on Vista... Reply with quote

Well, turns out for me, that the problems I was having with speed seem to be related to Coldfusion. I have Coldfusion/Apache2/PHP5 installed and working as I always had on my old Xp system. With my current configuration, when I don't have Coldfusion running (trying to save a little memory unless I actually need it) Apache runs like a dog. This was NOT the case on my old Xp system. As soon as I fire up Coldfusion, everything, Apache, CF, PHP all run great. When I only have Apache running (Coldfusion service stopped) it runs like a dog again. Must be trying to test/check for Coldfusion with this setup. I was running Xp with CF MX/Apache2.2/PHP4 and now I now I'm running CF MX7/Apache 2.4/PHP5. Weird. Must be the combination of things that is doing it.
prof187

PostPosted: Tue 22 May '07 4:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this helps but I was having the same problem as well (though not related to CF). I editted my hosts file and commented out the "::1 localhost" line and that seems to be helping a lot.
markos

PostPosted: Thu 06 Sep '07 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any progress on this problem? I have Apache running locally on Vista.

When I send and HTTP://localhost request from IE7
at exactly 12:54:15 the Apache access.log states:

127.0.0.1 - - [06/Sep/2007:12:54:18 +0200] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 304 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; InfoPath.2)"

It shows that my request was received with 3 seconds delay.
Any ideas where these seconds are spent when working with localhost? Sending requests "outhere" runs instatnly.
jpb77

PostPosted: Fri 12 Sep '08 2:23    Post subject: Computer's name in HOSTS Reply with quote

I made some tests and fixed the problem putting the computer's name in the HOSTS configuration file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts), like this:

-----------------------------------------------

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost
127.0.0.1 computername

-----------------------------------------------

Ex.: http://computername/phpinfo.php

It also runs fast when you access the server with IP address. Ex.: http://127.0.0.1/phpinfo.php

I'm running Apache 2.2.8 and Windows Vista (without any Service Pack)

Reply to topic   Topic: ridiculously slow localhost with vista View previous topic :: View next topic