logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: mod_rewrite issue
Author
prem

PostPosted: Thu 15 Mar '07 16:31    Post subject: mod_rewrite issue Reply with quote

Hi All,
i was trying to make use of mod_rewrite to create clean urls, and I read so many articles that i can find that teaches how to achieve this and I still was unable to achieve it.

Since I find so many articles with regard to creating clean urls, i was a little confused, So I finally made a choice and started off with the basics and followed this article http://www.tutorio.com/tutorial/enable-mod-rewrite-on-apache which helps you to understand whether the mod_rewrite works, I`ve followed according to the instructions given and yet i could achive the result. I tried searching for "ClearModuleList", "AddModule mod_rewrite.c" in my conf and figured out they are deprecated along with the apache2+ versions.

Server: Apache/2.2.0 (Win32)
PHP: PHP/5.1.2

The error message I get is

Code:

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is either no index document or the directory is read-protected.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403
localhost
03/15/07 19:42:13
Apache/2.2.0 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8a mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.1.2

Can someone advice me as to what i`m doing wrong? would be greatly appreciate it. this is two days of frustration talking Sad

TIA!
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 15 Mar '07 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
how does your rewrite look like? Is one of the folder outside the htdocs ( doc root) ?
prem

PostPosted: Fri 16 Mar '07 4:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

This is my site configuration. in the httpd.conf file:

Code:

Alias /g2 "F:/My Assignments/gallery/"
<Directory "F:/My Assignments/gallery/">
   AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

actually i`m not have my files in the htdocs, also mod_rewrite is enabled.
this is my .htaccess for the folder:
Code:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On

pls advice

Reply to topic   Topic: mod_rewrite issue View previous topic :: View next topic