logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: how do i get my webpage public????
Author
little-doggy

PostPosted: Fri 10 Mar '06 0:31    Post subject: how do i get my webpage public???? Reply with quote

ok i have installed apache 2.2 and have it running. I can get to the it works page threw 127.0.0.1 and http://localhost but no one can get to it using my ip or my domain name. oh by the way it is on windows xp sp2. thanks for any help yall can give
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 10 Mar '06 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to open Port 80 on the windows firewall. And if exist, change the rule for networkconnection for Apache to enable.
using any other firewall open Port 80 as well for incomming and outgoing traffic.
little-doggy

PostPosted: Fri 10 Mar '06 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant get to it even with the firewall and antivirus killed
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 10 Mar '06 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use any proxy or router? Have the right IP from internet?

Check IP by http://jamesblond.ja.funpic.de/get_ip.php
pnllan

PostPosted: Fri 10 Mar '06 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it sounds like a networking issue.
Brian

PostPosted: Fri 10 Mar '06 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mind publishing your IP and/or your domain name?

Also, do you have your DNS properly configured and is the DNS entered into the Registrar properly?

Since DNS would only resolve the domain name problem, the next question is did you PHYSICALLY remove the firewall, connecting your server directly to the WAN? Then did you configure the IP / Subnet portion of your TCP/IP settings?

I would directly connect the server to the internet, then ensure that I have my WAN IP info entered into the TCP/IP settings.

You don't have your TCP/IP set to DHCP, right?

Then I would ensure that I am able to connect to the internet via a browser.

I'd like to see what I get when I ping your IP.

--
Brian
little-doggy

PostPosted: Sat 11 Mar '06 5:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://206.255.166.240/index.html or www.inmydoghouse.net this should work but it doesnt
i am using a surf board cable modem and my tcp/ip is set to obtain ip automatically. i did have zonealarm firewall but uninstalled it thinking it could be the problem i also have a dynamic dns so even when my ip changes the domain name should still go to my site
pnllan

PostPosted: Sat 11 Mar '06 8:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the modem be configured for port forwarding?

Also, verify that the XPSP2 firewall allows the connection. XPSP2 has it's own firewall and it automatically gets turned on when SP2 is installed.

INFO U - I can ping you, but HTTP is not being served.
little-doggy

PostPosted: Sat 11 Mar '06 8:22    Post subject: xpsp2 firewall?? Reply with quote

the regular windows firewall is off dont know about any other firewall being installed .
i also installed surgemail and i cant get to it other then with the 127.0.0.1 ip . i called my isp and they said that it should not be the modem beacuse it does not have a hardware firewall installed on it. they also said that they do not block any ports
pnllan

PostPosted: Sat 11 Mar '06 8:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the Listen and ServerName directives set to?
little-doggy

PostPosted: Sat 11 Mar '06 8:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

listen 80
ServerName inmydoghouse.net:80

Reply to topic   Topic: how do i get my webpage public???? View previous topic :: View next topic