logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: save target
Author
Bruce

PostPosted: Sun 18 Mar '07 5:51    Post subject: save target Reply with quote

Hi is there a way to stop the save target and save as for my http docs
mp3 and files from being saved but still listen to and used on the Apache2
like a directory command line Very Happy
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 19 Mar '07 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean streaming?
Bruce

PostPosted: Mon 19 Mar '07 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

saving or save target to stop it from saving the mp3 from the index link or page( link=ulr )Very Happy Laughing
VoodooMill

PostPosted: Tue 20 Mar '07 1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bruce,

If I'm getting you, you want to disable the right click functionality in the visitor's web browser yes? If so this needs to be done with client side JavaScript. However, if someone knows the full web address to your mp3's (and they will if they have access to your HTML page that lists them) they can create and run their own simple HTML page and grab your files (I do it all the time). In this case you should deny access at the server level of all requests to that folder based on referer information. So if referer information shows a domain other than yours you know someone is attempting to access your data without going through your pages.

As you can see one counter by you leads to another counter by the user and so on and so on.

The best and easiest way to do what you want to do, allow listening but not downloading, is to stream your mp3s through streaming server software.
Bruce

PostPosted: Tue 20 Mar '07 2:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

streaming sever software where I mite find info on yes would like to have mp3 only saving from down load links and not from pages or auto index but am new comer Very Happy Very Happy

Reply to topic   Topic: save target View previous topic :: View next topic