logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.0.58 (win32) / php 5.2.1 issues
Author
wsseibert

PostPosted: Tue 20 Mar '07 16:59    Post subject: Apache 2.0.58 (win32) / php 5.2.1 issues Reply with quote

I'm currently running Apache 2.0.58 on a Dell PowerEdge 2650 Dual Xeon server with Windows 2003 server OS.

The server itself is very fast, but the website slows down when we get a lot of users logged into it (via webpages).

Page load times are very high (5-18 seconds per page - depending on the page of course - all dynamic pages BTW). On our test system - P4 1.4 ghz, 640 megs, windows 2003 - the pages come up faster.... of course, we don't have everyone on this system, it's just a test system that myself and another programmer use.

Each has been setup the same (apache & php5), the only difference between the servers are the CPUs, memory, and drive space.

Anyone have any tips/ideas for things to try and speed the production system up?

Thanks!

Would installing the 64bit version of apache/php5 take care of this issue?
Jorge

PostPosted: Wed 21 Mar '07 8:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 64-bit version won't fix the problem.

I would start by tracking what the php pages are slow and see if I can do something about it if not optimize the pages themselfs using caching where posible.
wsseibert

PostPosted: Wed 21 Mar '07 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've already done that. We cache what we can on the site - static images, css, javascript, etc... the majority of the site is dynamic (pulling information from MySQL).

The issue is when we get a lot of EU (100- 150) on the site, it starts to slow down (>1 sec page loads goes up to 15 sec). Heck, even at the end of the day when most users log off the site, it is still slow....

I'm thinking it's either something in the apache config, php config, or just something in windows 2003.

I don't see anything in windows that would affect the connections (limit bandwidth or number of connections) (dual gigabyte on system, 1 to DB server, 1 to web/users). Some EU have gigabyte connections as well, and they load at the same speed as the users that don't it.

I've tweaked apache the best i can at this point, and i wonder if I've missed something there. Anyone have some tips on tweaking apache?

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.0.58 (win32) / php 5.2.1 issues View previous topic :: View next topic