logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Using Synced network drives in Vista as Apache Aliases
Author
Ardesco

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr '07 19:56    Post subject: Using Synced network drives in Vista as Apache Aliases Reply with quote

I can't seem to get this working.

What I want to do is set up an alias in Apach2 that links to a folder on a mapped network drive. This folder is set up to synchronise with the mapped folder so that files are available offline. (This way I can work on my laptop and as soon as I reconect to the network all the work is auto synched with file server)

The problem is Apache can't seem to see the Mapped drive (doesn't matter if I am on network or not).

I have created my alias as follows:

Alias /ardesco/ "Z:/foo/"

<Directory "/">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
AllowOverride all
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

I have set Apache2 service to run as my user instead of system user, and I have made a modification in the registary to enable mapped network drives to be used with the admin token as well as the restricted user token by making the following modification:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
EnableLinkedConnections =(dword)1

Still I get a 404 when trying to navigate to my alias and i'm fast running out of ideas.
Can anybody offer any insight?

BTW this is on Vista Ultimate, hence the talk about tokens set in registry. UAC stops the admin portion of your account from seeing mapped drives that your restricted user part of the account can see.
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 30 Apr '07 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

You getting an 404 error. What does your error.log say?
Ardesco

PostPosted: Thu 03 May '07 8:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error log says that Z:\foo doesn't exist. I'm sure it is a problem with apache not seeing the mapped network drive, but the usual solutions don't seem to be working.

Reply to topic   Topic: Using Synced network drives in Vista as Apache Aliases View previous topic :: View next topic