logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Cygwin Vista (Can they all work together??)
Author
newscientist_au

PostPosted: Tue 15 May '07 2:18    Post subject: Apache Cygwin Vista (Can they all work together??) Reply with quote

HI all
First up, please excuse me if I am being naive about the questions. I am a biology person and have no programming experience. But i tried to install a package called TPP (Trans Proteomic Pipeline) (which is a coll package of analysis tools). It runs on cygwin and requires apache. My op system is windows vista.

After much fiddling around i found out that the porblame was with apache. How do i configure apache to listen to port 1441 to which the cygwin based package is tuned into.

I have another version of apache running (wamp apache) for another program called IPP whichc listens to port 80. It has no issues at all. That one works well as it is NOT a cygwin based program.

I am aorry if i am not being very informative. Please let me know so that i can post more details.

----basiclaly what i think i need is an apache service (which will run along side my apache) and which listens to cygwin on port 1441.----

Thanks again
And sorry if this is not where i should be posting it.
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 15 May '07 7:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

find the httpd.conf from the cygwin apache and change Listen 80 to Listen 1441
If you use any vhost, maybe you have to change the port there, too.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Cygwin Vista (Can they all work together??) View previous topic :: View next topic