logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: php_mysqli.dll not found?
Author
Joelk

PostPosted: Wed 16 May '07 22:08    Post subject: php_mysqli.dll not found? Reply with quote

All of a sudden Apache isn't running correctly. A review of the error log revealed this message:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './php_mysqli.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

I've copied the indicated module from C:\PHP\ext to C:\WINDOWS and to C:\WINDOWS\system32 in an effort to correct this, with the same result. Any advice?

Thanx, in advance. Smile

Oh, BTW - Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002, SP 2.
tdonovan

PostPosted: Wed 16 May '07 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: "All of a sudden..." - Do you mean nothing changed? It was running OK then it suddenly stopped?

re:...isn't running correctly" - Do you mean PHP pages which use MySQL fail with some (unspecified) error? All your PHP pages fail?
Regular static pages still work OK, right?

Check that your php.ini file has this line:
Code:
; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside.
extension_dir = "C:/PHP/ext"

If you are using mysqli (MySQL-improved) in PHP, check that you also un-commented this line in php.ini:
Code:
extension=php_mysqli.dll

-tom-

EDIT: You might also want to check that the MySQL library gets loaded correctly.
You can put this in httpd.conf just before your PHP LoadModule directive:
Code:
LoadFile "C:/MySQL/bin/libmysql.dll"
Change the directory to match wherever you installed MySQL.

-t-
Joelk

PostPosted: Thu 17 May '07 5:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Tom,

I should have been more precise than "not running correctly" Embarassed
I just didn't know how to put it in a few words. What happens is this:

When I first installed Apache, PHP and MySql a few months ago, all was well. I was able to get a few .php screens to work. Then starting today,when I start Apache all looks well until I try to invoke the same .php files that were working before, but the Fireox window remains unchanged. This puzzled me until I remembered I could look at the error.log file to see what was happening. what I see is this

[Wed May 16 20:12:14 2007] [notice] Apache/2.2.3 (Win32) PHP/5.1.6 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Wed May 16 20:12:14 2007] [notice] Server built: Jul 27 2006 16:49:49
[Wed May 16 20:12:14 2007] [notice] Parent: Created child process 2440
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:/PHP/ext\\php_mysqli.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
[Wed May 16 20:12:15 2007] [notice] Child 2440: Child process is running
[Wed May 16 20:12:15 2007] [notice] Child 2440: Acquired the start mutex.
[Wed May 16 20:12:15 2007] [notice] Child 2440: Starting 250 worker threads.
[Wed May 16 20:12:15 2007] [notice] Child 2440: Starting thread to listen on port 80.

I've done everything you suggested in your reply but still get the same results. I'm stumped Question
tdonovan

PostPosted: Thu 17 May '07 6:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a real stumper!

You didn't by any chance upgrade to MySQL 5.0.41? The Windows version had a bad libmysql.dll in the install. (MySQL Bug 28358)

If so - you can just replace libmysql.dll with a copy from MySQL version 5.0.40 or earlier.

If not - the only steps I can suggest are:
    1. Remove php_mysqli.dll from \WINDOWS, \WINDOWS\System32, and any place else it may be.
    The only copy on your system should be the one in C:\PHP\ext

2. Do the same for libmysql.dll (including C:\Apache2\bin if you put it there).
    The only copy on your system should be in your MySQL directory.

3. Check that you used forward-slashes (/) - not backslashes (\) - in httpd.conf.

Then start Apache from the command line with:
Code:
C:\Apache2\bin> httpd.exe -w -e debug

Check that you see:
    loaded File C:/MySQL/bin/libmysql.dll
just before the line:
    loaded module php5_module
in the output.

-tom-
Joelk

PostPosted: Thu 17 May '07 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I got the error message problem ironed out but now I have a new problem. when I enter
Code:
http://localhost/info.php
into my browser it just spins it's wheels and does nothing. (The little Firefox "busy" icon in the upper right spins but nothing else happens).

Everything was working fine a few months ago and I haven't made any changes since then Question

[/code]

Reply to topic   Topic: php_mysqli.dll not found? View previous topic :: View next topic