logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: OpenBaseDir in PHP
Author
tc1415

PostPosted: Tue 23 May '06 9:07    Post subject: OpenBaseDir in PHP Reply with quote

Hi,

Not sure if this is coding or not but it seems the best place to ask -
Is this the way its supposed to work, or is it a bug?

Setting openbasedir to c:\apache2.2\htdocs prevents reading the files in c:\apache2.2\htdocs, but allows viewing the directories etc., and thus setting it to c:\apache2.2 allows access to htdocs root, but also bin and conf etc. which I don't want.

The manuel says
Quote:
this directory and below
, now, unless I'm a bit mistaken either there is a bug in the code, or I'm reading the manuel wrong.

Thanks in advance
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 23 May '06 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

In php.ini
Code:

open_basedir = "C:/apache2.2/htdocs/"

Don't forget the " because they are needed to work under Windows.

Quote:

open_basedir string
Limit the files that can be opened by PHP to the specified directory-tree, including the file itself. This directive is NOT affected by whether Safe Mode is turned On or Off.

When a script tries to open a file with, for example, fopen() or gzopen(), the location of the file is checked. When the file is outside the specified directory-tree, PHP will refuse to open it. All symbolic links are resolved, so it's not possible to avoid this restriction with a symlink.

The special value . indicates that the working directory of the script will be used as the base-directory. This is, however, a little dangerous as the working directory of the script can easily be changed with chdir().

In httpd.conf, open_basedir can be turned off (e.g. for some virtual hosts) the same way as any other configuration directive with "php_admin_value open_basedir none".

Under Windows, separate the directories with a semicolon. On all other systems, separate the directories with a colon. As an Apache module, open_basedir paths from parent directories are now automatically inherited.

The restriction specified with open_basedir is actually a prefix, not a directory name. This means that "open_basedir = /dir/incl" also allows access to "/dir/include" and "/dir/incls" if they exist. When you want to restrict access to only the specified directory, end with a slash. For example: "open_basedir = /dir/incl/"

Note: Support for multiple directories was added in 3.0.7.

The default is to allow all files to be opened.
tc1415

PostPosted: Tue 23 May '06 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, working now Smile
DeliriumServers

PostPosted: Thu 10 Aug '06 6:29    Post subject: mod_vd dynamic base directory? Reply with quote

Is there a way to have a dynamic open_basedir so that each host would be limited to just their folder?

I'm running mod_vd so each host is created dynamically. Could open_basedir be set with some type of special variable for host, and would this work?

Thank you for your time,
delirium Razz
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 10 Aug '06 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

In httpd.conf, open_basedir can be turned off (e.g. for some virtual hosts) the same way as any other configuration directive with "php_admin_value open_basedir none".

php_admin_avlue open_basedir "C:\secondPath"

This hint was in my post above too Wink
DeliriumServers

PostPosted: Thu 10 Aug '06 19:40    Post subject: confused Reply with quote

I'm confused, how would that set different open_basedir for each of my websites?
pnllan

PostPosted: Thu 10 Aug '06 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delirium,

I do not think what you are wanting to do is possible. I could be wrong, but what does the PHP manual say about it.

Consider that what you are wanting to do is within the php.ini, so for the dynamic open_basedir to accuate - wouldn't you have to at least restart Apache.
Steffen

PostPosted: Thu 10 Aug '06 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeliriumServers wrote:
I'm running mod_vd so each host is created dynamically. Could open_basedir be set with some type of special variable for host, and would this work?

You want some thing like: per Vhost dynamically
php_admin_value open_basedir "x:/xxx/xxx/"

As far as I know this is not possible. A drawback of using mod_vhost_alias or mod_vd.

Steffen
DeliriumServers

PostPosted: Fri 11 Aug '06 2:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm

well thanks for the info! I really appreciate it!

-delirium
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 11 Aug '06 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it works with the mod_macro to create it dynamicly
DeliriumServers

PostPosted: Mon 14 Aug '06 3:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

but don't you still have to edit the httpd.conf file everytime you wanted to add a directory? from what I can tell mod macro just makes it so that you don't have to retype long entries, but you still have to edi the conf file.

-delirium
dio

PostPosted: Sat 02 Jun '07 19:46    Post subject: Patch available? Reply with quote

Hi Steffen,

There seem to be a patch for open_basedir + dynamic vhost available: http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports-bugs/2005-September/066983.html

Since you do produce your binaries for Apache, maybe you would consider making a patched PHP binary available?

Thanks,
Denys
Steffen

PostPosted: Sun 03 Jun '07 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dio,

I understand your request. But my policy is that I only primarly produce binaries of Apache2 en modules. And that I make it available without any changes to the original source-code.

Steffen
Jorge

PostPosted: Tue 05 Jun '07 8:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
Maybe it works with the mod_macro to create it dynamicly

Yes it is possible that is what I do.
Raughtly I got a NewVHost macro that setups a http and dav vhost with the correct openbase dir and for the vhost.

Reply to topic   Topic: OpenBaseDir in PHP View previous topic :: View next topic