logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Installation Problem Apace 2.0.55
Author
TonyJAttard

PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec '05 4:20    Post subject: Installation Problem Apace 2.0.55 Reply with quote

I have Apache 2.0.54 on a PC running Windows XP Home (SP 2) on an old Celeron 333 PC (overlocked to 400). I have tried to use the apache_2.0.55-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi file and the exe versions to upgrade the server.

I was unable to install this version because the install program would exit with a "Installation interrupted" message.

I uninstalled 2.0.54 and tried to do a clean install but got the same result.

Apache 2.0.54 installs and works fine.

Any help welcome.
pnllan

PostPosted: Tue 20 Dec '05 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if Apache is still listed in your Services MMC (Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services) after you try to uninstall. If it is, then Stop, and install apache again. Then go to the Command Prompt and navigate to your Apache installation and type the following:

apache -k uninstall

Now, run the uninstall again. I have had the Apache Service NOT uninstall as it should from the ASF MSI file.

Some helpful things for managing your PC if you run a server of any type.

1. Make a shortcut to your Services MMC. I Pin shortcuts to my Start menu. Just right click on the icon and select Pin to Start menu. Now you have quick access to your Services.

2. I prefer NOT to start Apache at startup. This is a personal preference, but if you would like to try it, then in Services do the following:

a. Double click Apache2, then on the General Tab choose Manual from the Startup type pull-down. You will note that you can start and stop the service as well.

b. Pin to the Startup menu Monitor Apache Servers. Again, right click the icon and click to pin.

Now, when I want to start the Apache service I click the Monitor Apache Servers icon from the Start menu. Then I left click the SysTray Apache icon, roll over Apache2, and finally click Start.

3. Pin Event Viewer (Administrative Tools) to the Start menu. Quick acces to Event Logs in Windows.
John_Mac

PostPosted: Fri 07 Apr '06 19:58    Post subject: XP installation error Reply with quote

Sounds like you had the same error on instlallation as I have....Installation Interrupted.

The main differences I think is that this was a first install of Apache for me. You can see my recent post for additional info.

If you found anything out that you think may help me, please let me know.

Thanx

Reply to topic   Topic: Installation Problem Apace 2.0.55 View previous topic :: View next topic