logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Consequence of Win32DisableAcceptEx fix?
Author
glsmith

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jan '08 9:18    Post subject: Consequence of Win32DisableAcceptEx fix? Reply with quote

It seems 2.2.7 fixed the need for Win32DisableAcceptEx which if I remember correctly was considered a bug? I may be wrong here, so much too fast for my brain. I share the conf files between all 2.2 versions loaded and have noticed that config for 2.2.6 does not work with 2.2.7 for the sole fact of Win32DisableAcceptEx. With AcceptEx disabled (as was with 2.2.6), Apache serving process/es crash, leaving listener running fine. They hang around before they exit abnormally yet never serve any content.

Now although I prefer having AcceptEX enabled (I think), I think it should just be continuing to pollute the error log, not crash. Consequence from the bugfix?

Event log indicates problem in libaprutil

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: (100)
Event ID: 1000
Date: 1/7/2008
Time: 10:41:51 PM

Description:
Faulting application httpd.exe, version 2.2.7.0, faulting module libaprutil-1.dll, version 1.2.12.0, fault address 0x00001ce6.

Side note: Was it just my tarball that didn't include required arp-iconv in srclib?
Steffen

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jan '08 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plain ASF source has a bug in Win32DisableAcceptEx

The 2.2.7 from the Apache Lounge has included two fixes, see www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=9663

The arp-iconv source you have to load from http://apr.apache.org/download.cgi

Steffen
glsmith

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jan '08 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steffen wrote:
The arp-iconv source you have to load from http://apr.apache.org/download.cgi

Steffen

Thanks Steffen, I'll check out the patches on that topic,. Looking at it I did add that patch. Looking at the source file I see it there but commented out. I shouldn't do these things in the evening I guess.

I knew as much as to go get the apr-iconv package and add it, just wondering why if it is required to compile, it is not included in the tarball, or is it a win32 things only? No, there is unix source there so it cannot be win32 only.

Reply to topic   Topic: Consequence of Win32DisableAcceptEx fix? View previous topic :: View next topic