logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Can't get mod_view 2.2 to work, getting the 404 file error
Author
GeneG

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jan '20 1:12    Post subject: Can't get mod_view 2.2 to work, getting the 404 file error Reply with quote

I am using the Apache 2.2.41 Win-64 VS16 binaries on an HP laptop running Windows 10 Pro.

I have two FQ domains and have the Apache virtual hosting working, as well as SSL in its virtual hosting containers.

I downloaded the mod_view-2.2-win64-VS16 and installed it according to the readme.

But, I can't get it to work.

I get the 404 error when I use the test URL in a browser window. The browser is Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Pro.

Could anyone help me solve my issue?

Thanks in advance.
Steffen

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jan '20 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time ago I looked in mod_view, I am using it :

Try to remove the AliasMatch line and replace with Alias.

<IfModule mod_view.c>
Alias /log "c:/apache24/log"
<Directory "c:/apache24/log">
ViewEnable on
Require local
</Directory>
</IfModule>

Replace c:/apache24/log with the location of your log folder.

To test:
http://localhost/log/access_log?tail=20&refresh=20

Replace acces_log with the name of your log file you want to see in the folder c:/apache24/log .

If the log file has only <5 lines you do not see it in the browser.

When it works, please say. Then I change the readme.
GeneG

PostPosted: Sat 01 Feb '20 2:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Steffen

You're the man! ^5s.

I changed the <IfModule> to look just like what you posted.

And changed the test URL localhost to my NAT address of the PC running the Apache server. And access_log to access.log in the test URL.

It worked!

Another question, since I am using the Apache 2.4.41 binaries, why is it <IfModule mod_view.c> instead of <IfModule mod_view.so>?

BTW, <IfModule mod_view.so> doesn't work.

Thanks for your help, Steffen
Steffen

PostPosted: Sat 01 Feb '20 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneG wrote:

Another question, since I am using the Apache 2.4.41 binaries, why is it <IfModule mod_view.c> instead of <IfModule mod_view.so>?

mod_view.c is the name of the source file which contains the code for the module. This is the name used by the <IfModule> directive.

Changed the ReadMe.

Thanks

Reply to topic   Topic: Can't get mod_view 2.2 to work, getting the 404 file error View previous topic :: View next topic