logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Windows 10 questions
Author
mrdj1024

PostPosted: Wed 17 Apr '24 19:00    Post subject: Windows 10 questions Reply with quote

hello!
i read recently that windows 10 22H2 is going to be discontinued next year,but my windows update tool says i don't meet the requirements to install win 11.
will new updates still work on windows 10 after its "end of life" im talking like apache/mariadb/mysql/php
i use wampserver and it comes with all of those.
i really cannot afford a new system at this time that has windows 11 on it.
mrdj1024

PostPosted: Wed 17 Apr '24 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess i worded my question oddly.
will i be able to use newer versions of apache/mariadb/mysql/php on windows 10 even if they are built for windows 11
DnvrSysEngr

PostPosted: Thu 18 Apr '24 6:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your question simply --- No, Apache / WAMP server is not 100% Windows version specific. Should work on pretty much any version of Windows 32-bit or 64-bit.

I will admit that I run straight Apache HTTP server, do not bundle all together via WAMPServer.

Perhaps, this should better answer your question (directly from WAMPServer web site):

WampServer is available for free (under GPML license) in two distinct versions : 32 and 64 bits. Wampserver 2.5 is not compatible with Windows XP, neither with SP3, nor Windows Server 2003. Older WampServer versions are available on SourceForge.

Reply to topic   Topic: Windows 10 questions View previous topic :: View next topic