logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.4 and PHP 5.4 NON-thread-safe?
Author
cbj4074

PostPosted: Mon 05 Nov '12 16:15    Post subject: Apache 2.4 and PHP 5.4 NON-thread-safe? Reply with quote

Hello,

I would like to install Apache 2.4 with PHP 5.4.8 non-thread-safe, but I can't seem to find a non-thread-safe version of "php5apache2_4.dll".

Are non-thread-safe modules even supported in Apache 2.4?

The reason I ask is that I have run into a very strange and alarming problem with what I believe to be PHP thread-safety in Apache, which persists across 5.3 and 5.4 (and perhaps even earlier): https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=63413 .

Any help is greatly appreciated.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon 05 Nov '12 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, gives no NTS php5apache2_4.dll

Better to run mod_fcgid (fastCGI) with PHP, has quite some advantages over as module. Lot of post here about mod_fcgid.
cbj4074

PostPosted: Mon 05 Nov '12 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt assistance!

Okay, good to know that I'm not crazy or overlooking something obvious. Smile

I had planned to move to FastCGI eventually, and I suppose that now is as good a time as any.

Thanks again!
cbj4074

PostPosted: Wed 07 Nov '12 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, unfortunately, the same issue occurs with mod_fcgid. I have detailed the issue in another thread: http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=23176 .

I'm afraid that the only measure left to undertake is to try mod_php with Apache "prefork" MPM.

However, it seems that apachelounge.com provides Apache binaries with the "worker" MPM only. Is this true, or am I missing something?

It seems also that there is no "archive" for older binaries. Is this intentional?
Steffen

PostPosted: Wed 07 Nov '12 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prefork with windows, see also http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=4084

Looks like you have a php issue.

No archives, intentional. Why you want to try/use an older binary ?
cbj4074

PostPosted: Tue 12 Feb '13 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for long-delayed response.

Thanks for clarifying the fact that the Prefork MPM is not available on Windows OSes.

Regarding the lack of archives on Apache Lounge, I would like access to archived binaries so that I may check older versions for a specific problem. This would enable me to determine in which version a regression was introduced.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.4 and PHP 5.4 NON-thread-safe? View previous topic :: View next topic