logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache crashing on php5ts.dll Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author
funkyspider

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan '07 13:14    Post subject: Apache crashing on php5ts.dll Reply with quote

I have a really frustrating error on a web server I work on.

Spec:

Windows 2003 Server
Apache 2.2 (latest stable build from apache.org)
PHP 5.2 (msi from php.net)
MySQL 5.0.19-nt

We get random crashes of apache which kills the site. The site is currently used by several thousand people so I really need a solution.

In the windows application event viewer I see this:

Faulting application httpd.exe, version 2.2.3.0, faulting module php5ts.dll, version 5.2.0.0, fault address 0x000980d6.

Now I have done lot of searching to try and find a solution, but although the bug has been reported, there doesn't appear to be a definitive solution.

php is installed in the root, so c:\php
apache is installed in the root, so c:\apache

I really need some help with this as I am not really a server person.
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan '07 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, this is a very bad answer, but use the forum search. There a ton of topics with the same problem.

If you still have a question please post here again.
funkyspider

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan '07 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are indeed lots of posts that mention a similar problem, but some of the things mentioned do not seem to apply to my set up.... from what I understand.

I did notice that I hadn't got:
LoadFile C:/Program Files/Php/php5ts.dll
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php

in my http.conf so I've added that with the appropriate paths.

My problem is that I don't think I know enough about what I'm doing, and I don't just want to just start trying things that I read here and other places where I can't see that they are a definite solution.

Is there anything I need to do to either my php.ini or http.conf that is specific to the Windows 2003 environment that I may have missed?
What extensions should I be running?

Believe me, I have searched and searched but because I have slightly limited knowledge on server set up, it's only when I see something that matches exactly the setup I have and that it is proven to work that I am likely to try it.

The other point is that it's a live server, so lots of rebooting to test stuff is not really feasible. The odd reboot to do stuff that will work will be ok though.

The server was down for 24 hours while I tried to do a clean install of php and apache, so you can see that I'm no expert Smile

So, treat me like a dumbass and maybe you can point me to proven solutions, as searching and reading lots of options filled with techy stuff doesn't really help.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jan '07 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Full setup and Tips are

http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=374

and maybe here

http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=570
stevis

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb '07 22:40    Post subject: Same Error, but with a MySQL follow up Reply with quote

I get the same error, too, which has been plaguing me for a while now. I also run a live site that can't be taken down often.

I've noticed that after this error:

Faulting application httpd.exe, version 2.2.0.0, faulting module php5ts.dll, version 5.2.0.0, fault address 0x000a8e96.

...the site runs fine for about 24 hours, but then goes down with this Warning message:

Aborted connection 142 to db: 'unconnected' user: 'root' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

...which is a MySQL error.

I've tried to debug PHP, MySQL, and Apache and I haven't figured out where the problem lies. I'll post the solution if I find it.
funkyspider

PostPosted: Wed 07 Feb '07 1:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trying to locate the error on the site I'm working on. It's just one of those really annoying things that takes ages to track down and will probably take about 5 seconds to fix.

I'll post any solutions I find, although I don't know when that will be.
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 07 Feb '07 10:58    Post subject: Re: Same Error, but with a MySQL follow up Reply with quote

stevis wrote:

Faulting application httpd.exe, version 2.2.0.0, faulting module php5ts.dll, version 5.2.0.0, fault address 0x000a8e96.

@stevis: Are you still using Apache 2.2.0?

Quote:

Aborted connection 142 to db: 'unconnected' user: 'root' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

...which is a MySQL error.

I've tried to debug PHP, MySQL, and Apache and I haven't figured out where the problem lies. I'll post the solution if I find it.

Here I'm running fine with Apache 2.2.4 from apachelunge.com with PHP 5.2.0 on Windows 2003 Server standart.
Where did you download your apache?
stevis

PostPosted: Wed 07 Feb '07 22:16    Post subject: Updating... Apache 2.2.4 Reply with quote

Yes, I'm still running Apache 2.2.0 on Windows Server 2003. I'm thinking now that during my next scheduled downtime I'll update to 2.2.4 and see if that helps. Thanks!
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 08 Feb '07 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it help a lot to upgrade to 2.2.4
funkyspider

PostPosted: Mon 12 Feb '07 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just upgraded apache to the latest version from this site rather than the apache site.

The installation was a breeze!

I don't know if it will cure the problem I've been having though so I'll keep you informed if it does prove to be successful.
funkyspider

PostPosted: Tue 13 Feb '07 2:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, quick update. This new version seems to have solved the problem of php5ts.dll crashing, at least for one action we knew caused it to crash.

I'm not saying it's a total fix yet, but the early signs are good Smile which makes me very happy indeed.
pips

PostPosted: Tue 13 Feb '07 2:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

funkyspider wrote:
OK, quick update. This new version seems to have solved the problem of php5ts.dll crashing, at least for one action we knew caused it to crash.

I'm not saying it's a total fix yet, but the early signs are good Smile which makes me very happy indeed.

Hey FunkySpider - good to see someone local in here! I'm down in good ole' StalyVegas!! Hope you've got your problem sorted out.

I've learned a hell of a lot of stuff about webservers etc. in the last 12 months (practically knew nothing about hosting before). Without the help and advice of the guys on here, I would probably still be struggling. But it's great when you finally solve a problem, and then someone else experiences it, you can help them out too Very Happy
Cheers,
Phil.
funkyspider

PostPosted: Tue 13 Feb '07 2:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

StalyVegas..... not been on a night out there in....... well ever actually..... I usually head manchester way, when I had a social life.

I've still got everything crossed that this new apache version from this site does cure the problems I've been having with the site I work on. It's been an almost vertical learning curve and many lost hours of sleep.

It's good to find these types of sites, and people who actually help on forums. Not sure how much help I will be to anyone else...... but I'll try!
funkyspider

PostPosted: Thu 15 Feb '07 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I spoke a little too soon. Had another crash.
It does seem a little better overall though.. just not perfect yet Smile
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 15 Feb '07 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell what crashed?
To getting more thread safe, disable all unneeded extensions in php.ini
Copy libmysql.dll from mysql\bin to apache\bin
funkyspider

PostPosted: Thu 15 Feb '07 13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

well from the event viewer on the server I can see this:

Faulting application httpd.exe, version 2.2.4.0, faulting module php5ts.dll, version 5.2.0.0, fault address 0x000980d6.

looking at the access and error logs it doesn't give me much more info.

The problem is that as I've inherited this site and code, i don't really know what extensions are required or not. I've worked out most of them and disabled the obvious ones, but there may well be some that aren't needed.
jeffrey_stevenson

PostPosted: Thu 08 Mar '07 1:38    Post subject: Same Problem Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem. Running windows 2003 as well. I've never seen this before. I'm usually developing on a Win XP box. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I'm running Apache 2.2.3.0 and PHP 5.1.6

I've found it to happen in the same place in my code, and haven't figured out what part is causing it to crash. It works fine the first time through,then the second round and consecutive rounds will fail. I wonder if it has to do with the session data.

When I try unsetting an element in an object it crashes. I'm making sure the element isset before using the unset(). This should give me an error instead of crashing my webserver. Might be a bug in PHP.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 08 Mar '07 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could upgrade PHP to the lastet 5.2.1 and try, if that is a php bug or a bug in your programming.
FireHorse

PostPosted: Sun 18 May '08 5:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

same error here

Faulting application Apache.exe, version 2.0.53.0, faulting module php5ts.dll, version 5.0.4.4, fault address 0x0003ee45

not interested in updating anything unless I am certain an update will fix this and thus far have read nothing that convinces me this is the case

also on 2003 server using xoops cms

problem occured when making a post in a private forum and I suspect it was something to do with a session timeout.

started apache again using my xammp control panel and all seems fine for now, like the others this is a live server and this error has me worried.
definitive solutions appreciated

cheers
FireHorse
ermac0

PostPosted: Sat 16 Aug '08 12:25    Post subject: possible solutions Reply with quote

I've had similar problems with Apache/2.2.9 (Win32) & php 5.2.6.
After experimenting with different options here's an advise:

In httpd.conf make sure you added php directory like that:
Code:

<Directory "C:/Program Files/php">
    AllowOverride None
    # in case you want to use as cgi
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Also add php module (if you use php as module)
Code:

PHPIniDir "C:/Program Files/PHP/"
LoadModule php5_module "C:/Program Files/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"

Now, make sure Apache is not running, copy libmysql.dll file from PHP folder to Apache/bin. Rename original file in 'Apache/bin' before overwriting it, just in case.

In php.ini file, try to avoid php_threads.dll extension if possible.

Other suggestion: try replacing all libs in Apache/bin folder if you can find matching libs in php folder. Just remember to create backup copies first.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache crashing on php5ts.dll View previous topic :: View next topic